Enhancing the Diocesan Mission
Facilitating Living the Eucharist on a diocesan-wide level enhances the mission of a diocese in five ways:
- Revitalizes parish life, increases participation in Sunday Mass, and fosters spiritual growth and discipleship in every participating parish throughout the diocese.
- Provides a forum for the bishop to teach about the Eucharist as the source and summit of diocesan life and mission.
- Advances ecclesial unity and cohesion within a diocese since each participating parish focuses on the same goals and objectives.
- Provides opportunities for the diocesan liturgical office to assist parishes in creating more vibrant liturgies.
- Creates occasions for diocesan-wide outreach to inactive Catholics and the unchurched.