- Helps Your Diocese Achieve its Pastoral Goals
- Customized, In-Person Orientation and Training
- Diocesan Program Resources and Individualized Guidance
- Opportunities to Help Financially-Challenged Parishes Participate
1. Helps Your Diocese Achieve its Pastoral Goals
Here are just a few of the ways Living the Eucharist creates spiritual growth and missionary discipleship in parishes throughout the diocese:
1. Makes possible the personal, transformative encounters with Christ that help Catholics embrace the reality of Christ’s presence in the Eucharist.
- Strengthens Catholic identity
- Inspires more frequent and active participation in Sunday Mass
- Re-ignites faith and promotes missionary discipleship
- Creates and unites faith communities across cultures and parishes within the diocese
2. Has a proven, direct and positive impact on diocesan and parish outcomes in:
- Youth ministry
- Young adult ministry
- Religious education
- Catholic schools
- Family ministry
- Hispanic ministry
3. Provides a forum for episcopal teaching about the Eucharist as the center of Catholic life.
4. Advances diocesan ecclesial unity and cohesion through a single, focused Lenten program accessible to every parish and every parishioner within the diocese.
5. Equips those serving in diocesan Hispanic ministry to support full participation in Spanish-speaking parishes.
6. Acts as a force for spreading the faith—among the active, the inactive, and those with no religious affiliation.
2. Customized, In-Person or Online Orientation and Training
Through the Diocesan Partnership Program diocesan staff can arrange for customized, onsite or online orientation and training by Paulist Evangelization Ministries staff members to:
- Orient diocesan leaders to the program.
- Learn how diocesan leaders can promote Living the Eucharist and invite parishes to participate.
- Train parish leaders to implement the program through customized online training sessions for the diocese.
3. Diocesan Program Resources and Individualized Guidance
- Promotion materials for the diocesan website.
- Printed materials for the diocese to use to encourage parish participation.
- Accurate, easy-to-use evaluation tools for the diocese and its participating parishes.
- Personal, one-to-one support, advice, and guidance throughout the program (from initial planning through Lent and beyond) from a Paulist Evangelization Ministries staff member.
4. Opportunities to Help Financially-Challenged Parishes Participate
Diocesan Partners can help financially-challenged parishes in their diocese receive Living the Eucharist program materials—at no cost to qualifying parishes—through our Diocesan Awards Program.
How the Diocesan Awards Program Works
Depending on the number of parishes signing up for Living the Eucharist through diocesan initiatives, each partner diocese will receive a credit on their account that enables a diocesan leader to order Living the Eucharist materials and have them shipped directly to designated financially-challenged parishes in the diocese.
This program works like a gift card. The diocese can spend up to the amount awarded and is responsible for any additional costs beyond this amount. The credit may be applied to the cost of material and shipping and handling charges.
The diocesan leader sends the list of participating parishes to Paulist Evangelization Ministries and receives the award. The diocesan credit awards expire one year after being issued.
A parish is determined to participate when it signs up through a diocesan initiative and purchases any of the following Living the Eucharist items:
- Small group booklets for adults or teens
- Family Activity Booklets
- From Exodus to Easter, My Daily Journey Through Lent booklets
- Parish Bulletin Inserts
- Prayer Cards
Costs to the Diocese and the Parishes
Under the partnership, each participating parish or diocese pays Paulist Evangelization Ministries directly for the Living the Eucharist materials it orders. Depending on diocesan arrangements, there may be a fee for customized, online training sessions. The only exception to these costs occurs when the diocese receives financial credit for encouraging parishes to participate. Under the Awards Program, the diocese orders the materials free of charge, which are sent either to the diocesan address or directly to the financially-challenged parishes that the diocese designates.
How Awards Credits are Determined
The diocese receives a specific dollar amount of credit for each parish that it signs up to participate in Living the Eucharist, at the following levels:
- 20-29% of diocesan parishes participating = $40 credit for each participating parish
- 30-49% of diocesan parishes participating = $60 credit for each participating parish
- 50-74% of diocesan parishes participating = $80 credit for each participating parish
- 75-100% of diocesan parishes participating = $100 credit for each participating parish
Examples of Levels of Participation
If a diocese that has 100 parishes gets 20 of its parishes to participate in the program, the diocese receives a credit of $800 (20 x $40). If 34 parishes sign up, the diocese receives a credit of $2,040 (34 X $60). If the diocese signs up 55 of its parishes to participate in Living the Eucharist, it receives a credit of $80 per parish or $4,400 (55 x $80). And if the diocese gets 80 of its parishes to participate, it receives a credit of $8,000 (80 x $100).